GreenSock

kaan karavar

Slot Machine

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Friends, I'm doing a simple slot machine. I could only do a column. Is there anything I can do to help you add three more columns to your side?

See the Pen QayWXE by kaankaravar (@kaankaravar) on CodePen

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

This post looks very similar to your other thread here: 

in which Sahil provided a few examples (which are pretty much the same that I would provide) 

Its best to keep one thread going per topic.

These forums don't really aim to provide a free service where people build out projects upon request. We really focus on the basics of the GSAP API so that people can achieve their animation needs. It can take a lot of time trying to convey all the logic involved in something like a slot machine with multiple spinning elements which need to stop at random increments and stuff like that. 

As mentioned in previous post, the ModifiersPlugin

https://greensock.com/modifiersPlugin

will help you achieve an "infinite carousel" effect where elements will have their position reset after they move a certain distance.

If your scrolling numbers can be simple bitmap images (not DOM elements) a much easier approach is just to tap into the power of repeating background images 

See the Pen QaymdX?editors=1010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 2