Search Community

GSAP: 1000 Posts

Dipscom test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey guys, just an FYI. 

We're going to be resetting everyone's posts and likes counts soon. The logs are getting too big.

I think a fresh start will be nice and will even the playing field for those that came in a little late.

Happy helping in 2018!

just kidding of course :mrgreen:

Looking forward to #1000

• Haha 6

Ladies and gentlemen... Boys and girls... Cats and dogs...

One Thousandth Post.

See the Pen dJpwqe by dipscom (@dipscom) on CodePen

I will say this was far more work than it needed to be. I've actually sat on my hands without posting for about, I think, two months because I couldn't get the spare time to sit down and make a celebration pen.

And then, Pedro being Pedro, he goes full-on megalomaniac with this idea to make a countdown with a different pen for each of the remaining posts.

And why not do that while also working full-time and still redecorating the house? Well, it would mean not doing a one thousand posts celebration pen or, not being able to hang around here and interact until all was ready.

Those were the only two options, really. Doing something simpler, abandoning the original idea, was totally out of the question. Wasn't even considered, really.

The moral of the story?

There will be no more celebration pens from mr. @Dipscom - not a chance. I'd rather be here chatting away.

Another reason is bellow.

3 hours ago, Carl said:

Hey guys, just an FYI. 

We're going to be resetting everyone's posts and likes counts soon. The logs are getting too big.

I think a fresh start will be nice and will even the playing field for those that came in a little late.

Happy helping in 2018!

I saw this via the notification email - which I read the summary when the mobile pinged with the email and my heart... Oh dear me. It sank. To depths not known to men. Retribution is a nice word... And shall be part of someone's future.

Happy Tweening EveryOne!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4