Search Community

NS_ERROR_FAILURE with TweenMax

Bratua test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey everyone. I am building a website using a drag and drop menu where a new page is opened when an element is dragged and dropped on one of the menu pages icon. It's been working alright for a while until today. It just takes me to the new page but page content doesn't load. This happens only in firefox. Everything works perfectly on all other browsers. I keep getting this error on firefox - NS_ERROR_FAILURE: TweenMax.min.js:15. I'm confused as at this point , I don't know how to move forward. Can someone help?  

Hello @Kingsley88 and Welcome to the GreenSock Forum!

Yes like @OSUblake advised. This happens in Firefox with the following:

• having an SVG child element that uses display none
  • trying to animate elements inside a SVG <defs> or <symbol> element

You must use either the CSS visibility property or the SVG visibility attribute. In SVG any graphical element that is display none or inside a <defs> or <symbol> element will not directly be rendered and will be removed from the render tree.

https://greensock.com/forums/topic/13681-svg-gotchas/?do=findComment&comment=57408

Happy tweening!

• Like 3

@OSUblake And how do you suggest I go about that if you don't mind? @Jonathan Like I said earlier, I didn't use display. What I did do however was set my svg to hidden with css and used tweenmax to set it to visible to avoid flickering. That's about what I did in terms of display and nothing else.  Plus I am animating just svg paths. They are not in <defs> or <symbol>. And these elements don't animate on page load. Their animations are triggered. So I have no idea.

@Kingsley88, If you are not using <defs> or <symbol> elements or you are not using display none, then you need to provide a limited codepen showing your issue. Since there is no way we can debug or know whats going on without seeing your code in context.

Please create a codepen if you would like us to help you with your issue:

• Like 1

I just discovered that the issue is that the page transition isn't playing. When removed the page loads as normal. Now I have to figure out how to make it play in firefox. Any ideas? it's an animated <div> by the way. Not an svg.

@Kingsley88 .. We still need to see your code for context! There is no way we can know anything that is happening in your code that we can't see or can't test in  a live editable environment.

This is my 2nd attempt on asking for a code example. So please create a codepen demo example if you would like us to help you and offer proper solutions. Otherwise we will be shooting blanks!

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1