Search Community

ScrollMagic horizontal scroll with anchor navigation

DD77 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

If you want to scroll horizontally on mouse scroll,

See the Pen ypLzQM by Sahil89 (@Sahil89) on CodePen

If you want to trigger navigation,

See the Pen xpxPWe?editors=0011 by Sahil89 (@Sahil89) on CodePen

Also, when you fork old pens, make sure to check all files and versions, right now it is using really old versions TweenMax and scrollTo plugin.

• Like 1

@sahil thanks, this is much better,  I've now added a bit of interaction to the sections, so for each scene we have some classes to the specific containers.

I'm also going to add some parallax once all works, I was thinking to add something like this, 

See the Pen wpwVgx?editors=1010 by rgfx (@rgfx) on CodePen

not quite sure is the best way possible. Could you help to implement a parallax function? So I can use it around the sections?

See the Pen GyRxYj?editors=1010 by davide77 (@davide77) on CodePen

• 1 year later...

Welcome to the forums, @khagedra. Unfortunately, ScrollMagic isn't a GreenSock product and we don't support it here. We really try to keep these forums focused on GSAP-specific questions. It looks like the ScrollMagic author does offer paid support which you can learn about at https://support.scrollmagic.io/

If you have any GSAP-specific questions, we'd love to help. Good luck with your project!

• Like 1