Search Community

Anyone have examples of using GSAP with Google Web Designer (GWD)

Carl test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey folks,

Curious if anyone has any real-world examples of what they have built using Google Web Designer that they can share. We want to help the GWD team as they continue to support GSAP as an option in their IDE via File > include JS library feature. 

Providing them with some real world examples would be a great help.

If you can't share your work publicly, send me a PM.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey Carl,

I am planning on doing this GWD course wondering if you have had any dealings with jellyfish in the past or know of any other places to learn GWD especially integrating GSAP with GWD for Dynamic Remarketing and feed based ads.

Link to course.

https://www.jellyfish.net/en-us/training/doubleclick/doubleclick-studio/google-web-designer

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 2:25 AM, Bradley Lancaster said:

Hey Carl,

I am planning on doing this GWD course wondering if you have had any dealings with jellyfish in the past or know of any other places to learn GWD especially integrating GSAP with GWD for Dynamic Remarketing and feed based ads.

Link to course.

https://www.jellyfish.net/en-us/training/doubleclick/doubleclick-studio/google-web-designer

Check out the Dynamic Remarketing Build Guide, which is available with the dynamic templates in GWD.

There's also information in the GWD Help Center.

There are also GWD training videos in Google's Academy for Ads and Youtube.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

@Carl

Hi Carl,

Did you ever get a good working example of GWD files working with GS?

I've been holding off on using the platform, waiting for all the kinks and bugs to calm down...

Right now I'm leaning more towards Adobe Animate to start incorporating more timeline character animations, but I would be interested to find out what the GWD + GreenSock setup looks like.

I've been using GreenSock since the Flash days for banner and digital magazine builds. Most of my banners are for the entertainment industry and involve a video player for a movie trailer, and then resolves with an end-frame animation, were I use the GreenSock timeline to animate the movie-key-art. I'm still not convinced that moving away from hand building my banners would be a good thing. So far GWD and Adobe Animate just seem like a big pain in the butt - but I wanted to be sure I was not missing out on any advantages gained by mobile templates, gallery templates, character animation, etc.

I'd love to hear about banner workflows that others find useful!

~Kelly

• Like 1

hi kellyimaging,

I never was able to acquire any GWD templates (that I can remember now).

Unfortunately I hear nothing about anyone using GWD so its tough to justify putting time into exploring it. 

I'm biased, but I still see a huge amount of potential for the Animate CC + GSAP combo.

Its really great to have a strong visual interface to do your layout and art-creation in and have GSAP move things around. 

Animate CC is very frequently releasing new features and improvements.