Search Community

Own plugins without CLUB?

dalisoft test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi @GreenSock

I think about something, but without affecting to your bussiness model, can i do that? I explain this below:

Let's say, i creating web-sites, mobile apps, own personal websites with one-off sold, as i know one-off sold doesn't require GSAP license.

If i'm create plug-ins (GitHub repo, No-License, without license no-one allowed to use app) for GSAP for myself like morphSVG, drawSVG (i sure your plug-ins great, but my budget not good to be member of Club, thanks to GSAP anyway), i not required to buy license?

I can use GSAP for free, usually i'm use TweenMax, TimelineMax.

Thanks for reply.

2 minutes ago, Carl said:

Hi, your question isn't very clear, but you are allowed to create plugins for GSAP without buying a license.

1. Can i allowed to use own plug-in for ONE-TIME programm selling without buying GSAP license?

2. Can i use GSAP TweenMax for ONE-TIME programm selling without buying license?

You will need a license if your product includes TweenMax AND you sell it to multiple people. 

I'm very confused by what you mean by "ONE-TIME program selling".

How are you restricting that only 1 person buys your product?

Are you selling your product in an online marketplace? or only to clients that hire you to do work for them?

7 minutes ago, Carl said:

You will need a license if your product includes TweenMax AND you sell it to multiple people. 

I'm very confused by what you mean by "ONE-TIME program selling".

How are you restricting that only 1 person buys your product?

Are you selling your product in an online marketplace? or only to clients that hire you to do work for them?

1. Client contacts me

2. I create for him app, or mobile app or etc with GSAP

3. He pay for me once

4. If he want to sell to marketplace, he should buy license from GSAP as it's not anymore my work

There requires license for ME for GSAP?