Search Community

ScrollMagic GSAP SVG Mask Bug

helden test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Thanks for the demo.

I don't have an iOS11 device handy but I would suggest you reduce the demo even more.

Just try to set the height on that element without GSAP and see if it works like:

maskPath = $('#path-1');
maskPath.attr("height", "1280")

I know it some cases it is recommended not to animate things in <defs> tags as some browsers don't update changes, not sure of the particulars.

My hunch this is a bug on the browser side and not GSAP.

Someone else may have some more insight.

• Like 1

I've experienced the same issue you have right now. but it only happens when I create SVG in HTML document. (Like copy paste SVG from illustrator or svgomg, and  also coding SVG data by hand without concerning browser compatibility ) I know its kind of wired. but to solve my problem I used SnapSVG plugin to create and animate SVG element with GSAP. specially masking and clipping related animations. and it can handle browser compatibility pretty well. but like @Carl sed before try to avoid <defs> data animation as much as possible. this might not be the correct solution but I suggest you to give it a try and see. but for me, the SnapSVG plugin work well with every desktop and mobile browsers.

• Like 1

Hello @Carl, Hello @Jack, Hey @Yashi-2

Manual animation (click the button in the CodePen demo) works. It just does not work synced to the scroll. 

I will try a workaround the <defs> Animation. Will post an Update here.