Search Community

Ink transition with gsap

raizo test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

That is a nice effect which is similar to the animation I want to achieve, except the animation wil trigger as an page transition and not on scroll. I will be using PixiJS  to render the textures and Gsap for the animation.

Hi again,

So I found this little tutorial, http://www.instrument.com/articles/tedx-making-wonderland.

And I got it working.

But I want to fade in/out the dissolve effect into a white page, and if it possible to add an effect so it looks like you getting sucked in somewhere, does anyone know or have a idea how to do this?

like this codepen: 

See the Pen mqxRvZ?editors=1010 by spaarwt001 (@spaarwt001) on CodePen

• Like 1

Hi @raizo

The demo in that tutorial is really neat. Is the source code posted somewhere? They mentioned GSAP, but didn't show how they were using it. I'm sure other people would like to see how they used it.

I'm pretty sure everything you're trying to do could be done by just using a combination of different filters. You can play around with all the filters here.

http://pixijs.io/pixi-filters/tools/demo/

And here's the repo for the filters.

https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-filters

For fading to white, it seems like you could just set your background to white, or maybe do some type of blending with a white sprite behind it.

Here's an easy way to make a sprite of any of any color or size. Of course you wouldn't need to set the tint as the texture is already white. Just showing how. And changing the width and height of a sprite are actually just scaling it.

var sprite = new PIXI.Sprite(PIXI.Texture.WHITE);
sprite.tint = 0xff0000; 
sprite.width = 800;
sprite.height = 600; 

There's a lot of possibilities. Why don't you go look at those filters, and then come back if you have any questions.

And in case you didn't know, GSAP has a plugin for PixiJS.

See the Pen qmXPMm by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

• Like 3

I am a little stuck right now, and due to some private information I can't share the animation I am making. 

I am also a very novice in Javascript, maybe you can provide me with a little help, to put me on the right path.

• 2 months later...

I saw your question and by the way is the same concept of a project that was creating, using really the methods that @OSUblake mentioned.
There are some adjustments to be fixed, but if you have not gotten the result, it can help you.

Ps .: I used a demo video of ShutterStock because of the fluids, but you can do with images in a spriteAnimation:

See the Pen WdyYNN?editors=0110 by Noturnoo (@Noturnoo) on CodePen

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Really well done mate,

this was exactly what I was looking for. I achieved the same effect but instead of using pixi.JS is switched over to animation spritesheet and animated it with steps() using the GSAP library.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1