That's perfectly fine if all you want to do is change some dimensional aspect of your grid.   The technique I show in that thread deals more with animating structural/layout changes like this.       I guess the official name for that technique is now FLIP.   I do stuff a little bit different to allow for animation blending, but overall it's the same process.  Here's some really good slides tha
    • Like