Search Community

scrollTo onAutoKill does not trigger when clicking up or down buttons on scrollbar

rfoost test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

First of all, welcome to the forums.

Hm, what browser and OS? The alert() actually stops execution, so if you get rid of that it worked fine for me. Oh, and there was a typo in your codepen that threw an error (an extra "." at the end). 

There's a threshold in terms of how much it'll let things scroll outside ScrollToPlugin's control before it kills things, so maybe you're running into a situation that's below that threshold. That threshold was critical to work around some bugs in Apple browsers. 

• Like 2

Operation System is Windows 10.

Browser is Chrome.

I changed the alert to console.log and I removed that extra line in the javascript. Even after the changes you can see that once the scroll begins, the clicking of the up or down scrollbar buttons does not stop the tween or activate the onAutoKill function. It seems the only way to prompt the autokill is to select the scrubber and drag it either up or down.

15 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

When I tested this I was on Windows 10 Professional and could not reproduce the above issue. 

I wonder if this is only affecting Windows 10 Home Edition?

I'm wondering if it might be affected by the scroll by lines value in Windows mouse settings. Mine is set to scroll 3 lines, what is yours set to?

• Like 1

@OSUblake mine is also set to 3 lines at a time. 

I have noticed other weird differences with weird behavior in functionality in Win 10 Pro vs Home. But it is Microsoft, so who knows what type of gremlins they have running around in their OS :(

• Does anyone else see this same behavior on Chrome 62, Win 10 Home or Pro?
  • Like 2