Search Community

Slider function not working

timdt test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Great. Also, you will save a lot of time in future by learning how to do something rather than copy pasting entire code and trying to figure out how it is done or what is going wrong. It is best to type each line by hand and doing same process over and over to get familiar with anything new.

• Like 3

@Sahil yeah thats true, problem is i am struggeling with this progress slider for a while now so i got kind of frustrated :( 
Still got allot and allot to learn but i am making some progress i think. Hope some day i become as skilled as you guys.

The reason that doesn't work is because original demo contains jQuery UI element with id '#slider'. Again I will repeat my previous advice, follow those two new tutorials carefully. After that you should be able to do pretty amazing sequences.

• Like 5

Yeah, like Sahil mentioned, the demos and video show the slider so I'm not sure what part you are missing.

Here is another demo that uses a basic HTML5 input slider (no jQuery or jQuery UI)

See the Pen JGeagb by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

The easiest way to control a timeline without any coding is GSDevTools

https://greensock.com/gsdevtools

• Like 6