Search Community

Sorting does not work correct

frickteam test
Moderator Tag

I just have found a bug in the TransformManager-Class:

Everytime you use the method "moveSelectionDepth" it makes the sorting wrong if you have more than 9 elements

the line where you sort the depths for the items is >>> curDepths.sortOn("depth");

but should be >>> curDepths.sortOn("depth",Array.NUMERIC);

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Look here:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/mai ... 05045.html

By default, Array.sortOn() works as described in the following list:

* Sorting is case-sensitive (Z precedes a).

* Sorting is ascending (a precedes B).

* The array is modified to reflect the sort order; multiple elements that have identical sort fields are placed consecutively in the sorted array in no particular order.

* Numeric fields are sorted as if they were strings, so 100 precedes 99, because "1" is a lower string value than "9".

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

What version of TransformManager are you using? It must be rather old because the latest code does indeed have the correct Array.NUMERIC in place and it has for quite some time. Shoot me an e-mail if you need the latest files and I'd be happy to send them your way. And thanks for taking the time to let me know about it (even if it was already fixed, I always appreciate when folks let me know about potential bugs).