Search Community

Does GSAP's jQuery plugin replace .fadeIn etc?

MikeWillis test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm new to GSAP and I'm thinking about using the jQuery plugin to replace jQuery's .animate() capability (https://greensock.com/jquery-gsap-plugin). I'm wondering if that also replaces things like .fadeIn() / .fadeOut(), and/or jQuery's other transitions such as .toggle("blind") etc.

I imagine that most of these are just shortcuts for jQuery's .animate(), meaning GSAP's jQuery plugin would replace them as well, but I don't know for sure. Anyone?

The plugin hijacks most animate() calls but there are a few function calls that it doesn't intercept like show(), hide(), and toggle() because of some legacy issues with jQuery and some special ways it likes to handle things. 

I'd say that the jQuery plugin is a great drop-in to get good bang for your buck (very little time/effort), but I'd strongly recommend shifting to GSAP's regular API when you can. I think you'll find it much more flexible.

• Like 1