Search Community

Problems with tweening on PC within Chrome browser

fatSkeeter test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I am trying to solve an issue that recently has crept up into my banner units.  The issue only seams to be isolated to the PC platform and only within the Chrome browser.  My current Chrome browser is v61.0.3163.100. 

This URL to DoubleClick's dynamic tear sheets shows what i am talking about:

https://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/dynamic/tearsheet/#e40eaa87-fb10-47d7-90c3-96e7f1ed5c33

I have attached two screen grabs showing issues that happen.  The tweening is simply fading in and out for the two frames of copy and the imagery at the end of the animations.

Has an issue like this been seen by anyone seen by anyone else?

Bryan C Wienczkowski

glitch 1.jpg

image_360.png

I added force3D:true to all my tweens.  Tested it in Chrome on PC (Win10) and the imagery pixelation was resolved. The double copy issue was resolved as well.

Thank you for the help.  I would have never thought of adding force3D to the parameter set to solve a quirky pixelation and double text glitch.

Although one of the oddities of this issue is that the 160x600, 300x250, 728x90 & 300x600 sizes of this unit all fell victim to this issue.  Yet the 970x250 did not. Live units can be found here now, perhaps not later.... http://www.cnn.com/health

Thanks again,

Bryan C Wienczkowski

Edited by fatSkeeter
misspselling
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @fatSkeeter Yeah that double pixelation issue was definitely your graphics card. That is why setting force3D: false helped, since it made the transforms use 2D transforms, so it didn't trigger hardware acceleration (3D transforms) in your graphics card. The fact that it happened in Chrome is expected since Chrome uses webkit which is buggy by nature. This sort of thing happens in Firefox, but in Firefox it would render as a black bar.

Glad you got this sorted. Happy Tweening :)

• Like 1