Search Community

Masks within masks question.

SBURR test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey all,

I made an animation in After Effects, and I tried to export the animation using the bodymovin plugin, so that I could use the animation on my site.  Sadly however, bodymovin doesn't support inverted masks, and so I'm unable to use the animation from AE.

So I've been having trouble trying to figure out how I would go about making the animation using SVG, and GSAP.  Being new to animated SVGs, and especially GSAP, I've been trying to Google my answer into figuring out how to have a circular mask that's filled with color at the beginning, but then the animation begins to play after a second.  

I've attached a GIF of the animation that I made in AE, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in making this animation using GSAP?

Thanks, and apologies for the newbie question.

icon.gif