Search Community

SVG & Icons Editor - offer for Greensock'ers

mspanish test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello guys - I've finally finished an app I've been working on for some time, as while it doesn't showcase GSAP (which I've used in just about everything else I've ever done!) - I'd love to offer free pro accounts for any developers over here who might want to use it. I have about 33,000 Open Source & Creative Commons graphics, inside of an easy to use SVG editor that can output PNGS or SVGs, and will soon also have app icon exports for IOS and Android, as well as export for the Spine animation platform. We have a few thousand pieces of game art as well - including over 400 of the best Glitch pieces, as well as the Kenney.nl collection, and others. 

We are at https://kwippe.com

The basic app is free but a pro subscription will get you access to importing your own stuff, as well as cloud syncing (coming soon) - and lots of other cool stuff on our roadmap.

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this message - but wanted to throw it out there and see if anybody is interested! We are still definitely a beta product, but the app has a lot of promise as we are offering a variations designer that makes it pretty painless to throw together some quick graphics.

Just shoot me an email  - stace at kwippe.com - and I'll upgrade your account on Kwippe.

@OSUblake

@Carl

@GreenSock

• Like 5

I'll upgrade any and all devs for FREE for a year from Greensock - I'm adding the logic for that today  - if you login I'll see your email and I will upgrade you 

Hey @OSUblake ! I finished the demo - https://readvisually.org - but got sidetracked with this project, which is an offshoot of a much larger and more involved SVG editor that I was using to create ebooks for the read visually project!  Hoping to get this one situated so I can go back to the read visually, as I am planning to use it to teach my daughter to read.

• Like 4

Funny my thing says I'm  a newbie,  I've been here and and off for a lotta years!  

Had sick kids today so didn't get the logic for the upgrades done -  I'm going to do a custom code rather than run it through my ecommerce, as I think people much prefer not having to check out. So hoping to have a simple modal form with the code input up tomorrow.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mspanish said:

Funny my thing says I'm  a newbie,  I've been here and and off for a lotta years!  

Hehe. It's based on likes, which is a somewhat new feature of the forums. There, I just upped you to 17.

I'm actually not sure how the ranking structure goes. @Carl might know more about that as I think he's the one that set it up.

8 hours ago, OSUblake said:

I'm actually not sure how the ranking structure goes. @Carl might know more about that as I think he's the one that set it up.

I'm fairly certain @Carl has to receive some sort of compensation to change your status. I had to mow his lawn last summer, but maybe gift cards would work too? :lol:

I just moved you up in likes too. We'll get that 'newbie' off your profile before you know it.

• Haha 3

You guys are sweet!

2 kids with strep throat today so I'm a bit exhausted! But working to get that upgrade logic done so anybody here will be able to use the cooler features.  Still some CSS ugliness to fix - boy I'm pretty bad at CSS - but a few nice folks have already given me suggestions, which is super.

So I'll be back soon with the upgrade info - looks like the easiest thing is to give out a code and set up a modal input for that, and write that to Firebase. I'm using Zapier for the stuff from Sendowl (ecommerce thingy) - frankly its way too early to think about asking people to pay for this app - but to please the business oriented husband who has put a lot of effort into the project and supported my efforts to get it designed, I said we'd bake in a way to make the app pay for itself. 

I appreciate the RTs and stuff on Twitter too - I had a pretty good day there yesterday - all of this helps!

• Like 1

Ok I'm excited to say the logic and views appear to work now - plus a login problem I didn't realize I had - and I've got the greensock coupon set to give 12 months of PRO subscription. I'll be putting some other coupons online but I don't think any others will be for that long, but I've had so much kindness here over the years! Thanks so much to @Carl, @OSUblake, @GreenSock, and others who have answered my questions, created Codepens I was able to drop into my projects, and so much more. So the coupon is

greensockers

The url to enter that into is 

https://www.kwippe.com/app.html#upgrade_beta

I'll throw in a pic for good measure :) 

Let me know any problems you find!  My "todo" list is huge right now of tweaks and features - plus we really need a good set of videos, tutorials, etc to help people see all they can do with the app.  One day at a time I guess!

DJkDCoOV4AAwHck.jpg:large

• Like 4

hey guys do you have any ideas where else to post about an app? I'm going to to Product Hunt once we're ready, but I really need to get some more beta users trying the thing out before I'll be ready for that.  I'm pretty miserable at Twitter and overall don't use social media much- which is apparently a disaster for marketing!  Any and all suggestions would be awesome, I am really just looking to find people who will use it and tell me what they would be looking for feature wise, as we have a lot of options of where to take this and I'd rather not guess what people want.

@Carl

@OSUblake

@GreenSock

@Dipscom

Hi @mspanish

I don't have any suggestions on where to post/market your app, but if you're looking for ideas/features to add to your app, here's a couple SVG tools I like.

PatternNinja is pretty similar to your app. 

https://patterninja.com/

Boxy SVG is an editor, but I like how simple and easy to use the interface is.

https://boxy-svg.com/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @OSUblake, will take a look - sorry I've been out with pneumonia for a couple of weeks, will be easing back into dev as I get better - warning to all to GET YOUR FLU SHOTS!!  (they think my pneumonia developed from flu, despite the fact that it isn't even flu season yet).

• Like 1