Search Community

Continue animation from where it stopped

timdt test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey guys,

I am new to all of this and trying really hard to create a banner where 3 lines of text stagger in ( from left to right ) then bounce and then slowly fade out.
Would also love the option to repeat this every so many seconds. I have explored the repeat -1 option, but cannot find the option to repeat an action every so many second. 

Question: How can i fade out from where the animation last ended? 
Thank you guys in advance and Gsap is Awesome! 

See the Pen aLbdgG by timdt (@timdt) on CodePen

Hi @timdt :)

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you're looking for repeatDelay.

https://greensock.com/docs/TweenMax/repeatDelay()

I'm not sure I understand the 'fade out' part of your question. Do you mean how do you fade all the element at the end? If that's the question, you can  tween the opacity or autoAlpha to 0.

Hopefully that helps. Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 2

@OSUblake

Hey OSU thank you for your reply,

It's close @Carl made this for me in codepen and this is what i meant :)

See the Pen GMRaaq by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Interesting to see that the code's are different. Will study it and try to understand how it works and what differs from eachother. Going to take a good deep look into jquery today to try and understand all of this better so i can make some really awesomme stuff like you guys.

See the Pen GMRaaq by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Hi @timdt

After seeing what you posted in your other thread, @Carl's solution is what I would do too. The demo I made is more for repeating an entire animation after a certain amount of time.

If you're not making interactive animations, like with click and hover events, you really don't need to dig too deep into using jQuery. I would say that your time might be better spent just learning how to sequence stuff with GSAP, and its callback system. That's not say you shouldn't learn jQuery. It's is very helpful if you're new to web development. 

• Like 1

@OSUblake Thanks for the explaining. Thats awesome! Then i will put some more time into the sequencing like you suggest.

I want to grow to a point where i am able to implement jquery into the banners also since i want to learn how to make animated and interactive banners.

• Like 1