Search Community

animation not seamlessly repeating

ahappe01 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

HI @ahappe01

Welcome to the forum.

That slight delay is coming from your first tween. You're animating from x:0, but it's already sitting at 0 so it looks like nothing is happening. You'll notice a slight delay before the first iteration starts too - same reason. I think by removing that first tween on the timeline, you'll see the desired outcome. Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 2

Hi! Thanks for the advice. However that doesn't appear to be it. I added the "from" in attempt to solve the problem. So I removed it again and the issue is still happening. (feel free to mess with the pen if you would like).

I have also tried to animate x to "-10". I have also noticed that when I apply yoyo, the transition betweened animations is smooth and what I want, only I don't want the yoyo functionality. 

I am new to GSAP and I have tried for hours googling and researching this issue. I don't know if I am using the correct verbage to describe what is going wrong.