Search Community

Draggable - what happend to the right mouse click?

Anitainment test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Dear GSAP team

I just updated an older project to the latest version.

TweenMax: VERSION: 1.20.2

Draggable: VERSION: 0.15.1

Since then the right mouse action is gone (tested in Firefox, Safari and Chrome on MacOS). Setting allowEventDefault makes no diffenrence.

When I go back to version 1.19.0 the right mouse action is working again. Is this intended?

Cheers

Henry

Yep, that was intentional. Sorry if it was confusing. The context menu would actually cause problems in several scenarios (like long-taps on mobile devices, etc.). Most people didn't want it (from what we heard at least). You should be able to enable it by setting allowContextMenu:true on your Draggable config object. Does that help? 

• Like 4

allowContextMenu :-) ! This is much better than having it as the default.

In most cases you would like to get rid of the context menu. However, I made an image gallery with Draggable. In this  case, I want people to use "View image" or "Save Image As...". Thank you for being one step ahead of my wishes (again).

You should mention this feature in the Docs.

• Like 3