Search Community

Draggable ghost element

beamish test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I'm using GSAP's Draggable, and I noticed that while the users starts dragging, a hidden ghost div is appended to the div which contains the dragging element.

This is what is looks like:

<div style="visibility: hidden; height: 1px; top: -1px; pointer-events: none; position: relative; clear: both; width: 585px;"></div>

Is this necassary? Can I eliminate this div OR eliminate it's width (because it widens the container div incorrectly) ?

Thanks,

Elior

That should actually only be implemented if you enable autoScroll, but there was a regression in a recent version that could cause it to show up in other situations. Sorry about that. It is indeed necessary to prop open the container when you're dragging something inside a scrollable container. It should be resolved in the upcoming release which you can preview (uncompressed) at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/16327/Draggable-latest-beta.js

Does that work better for you? It was tough for me to verify in your case because you didn't provide a codepen or jsfiddle example. If you're still having trouble, that'd be super helpful (a reduced test case codepen). 

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick reply, didn't expect on the weekend, sorry if I disturbed you.

I decided to avoid the 'autoScroll' option at the moment, it isn't quite necassary for me at the moment, and things seem to work well now,

Thanks again,

Elior

• Like 2