Search Community

._gsTransform returns 0

Wurielle test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello everyone, I was in the process of recreating an effect I made with draggable but this time using TweenLite and while I managed to correctly get the x and y position of my draggable onDrag, I couldn't get these position onUpdate in my tweenlite.

Actually I do get a result but it always returns 0 for some reasons. I have actually searched for 4 hours and tried A LOT of solution that were presented on the forums as well as some solutions on stackoverflow and none worked. This was the closest I could get: http://jsfiddle.net/Wurielle/tn9t84d4/14/

The image on the bottom is a draggable element that works just fine by inverting the x position of the content from the x position from the container.

I would like to have the same effect with tweenlite but whatever I do I can't seem to get the correct positions.

TweenLite.to(slide, 1, {x: "0%", onUpdate: update, onUpdateParams: ["{self}", slideContent], ease: Power4.easeOut});

function update(el, target){ 
  var x = el.target[0]._gsTransform.x;
  var y = el.target[0]._gsTransform.y;
  TweenLite.set(target, {x: -x+"%", y: -y});
  console.log(x, y);
}

Am I doing something wrong? I really can't figure it out..