Search Community

trigger splitText within a slide show.

iammarkmulvey test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Thanks for the demo. Very helpful. 

Probably a bunch of ways to do this, but what I came up with keeps most of your code intact.

I did the following:

1. looped through each slide to split it's text and create a timeline animation for each slide
  2. assigned each slide element a "myTween" variable which references its animation
  3. I used an onComplete callback on the tween that introduces each slide to trigger that slide's myTween animation
  4. When a slide is done moving offscreen I use an onComplete callback to pause that slides animation at the beginning (text hidden).

Give it a look:

See the Pen QMKWxB?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

• Like 1

The good news is we recently added a cycle property to stagger tweens that allows you to do that effect in much less code!

tl.staggerFrom(split.lines, 0.5, {opacity:0, cycle:{x:[100, -100]}}, 0.2);

Watch the video here: https://greensock.com/gsap-1-18-0 (same info in docs for stagger methods too)

Demo:

See the Pen KvgpvW?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

Thanks for bringing that old pen to our attention. I removed it from the SplitText collection and added a new one using cycle.

• Like 2