Search Community

React and SplitText

Andy1708 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello, 

i have this problem with react and splitText...

I have replace all the files in the gsap/node_modules from my 'bonus-files-for-npm-users'

and import like this :

import {TweenMax, Sine, SplitText, ease, Back} from 'gsap';

How can i fix it ?

thanks

Yves

screen.thumb.jpg.54e858293ea22d4f4de40dac4afe2f93.jpg

• 6 months later...

I'm also using GSAP with npm, and I'm not sure how to set up the SplitText utility. I deploy to Netlify and netlify runs my build command, and installs all of my npm packages. I'm guessing I'll need to include SplitText.js in my file structure, and maybe include it in my package.json somehow? Any pointers would be appreciated!

Alan

Thanks! I think I have the import working correctly now. I've included SplitText.js in my utils folder and am just importing like any other file in my project, after other gsap dependencies. 

I'm using the "word" split type, but is it possible to have SplitText split based on hairline spaces, as well as regular spaces? I saw that SplitText respects non-breaking spaces, it would be awesome if there was a way to tell it to split on hairline spaces as well!

Thanks for your help!