Search Community

HTML5 in Muse? Animate CC and GSAP

Doctor XTN test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I use Animate CC to create HTML5 animations with GSAP. 

My method produces a simple HTML file and a .JS (plus bitmaps usually).

I did some simple moving charts which I hardcoded into an iFrame (in a table) and they play just fine.

MY CLIENT on the other hand is building his site in Muse (which I've never used) and is finding it impossible to get an iFrame to work.

What does work is a previous client's ad with an absolute URL. 

But these new animations are made from new Animate Documents that are 1) exported once to create the HTML and JS, 2) GSAP CDN is added into the resulting HTML and 'Overwrite HTML' clicked off. No bitmaps.

Any tips? The old client banner which works is set up for DoubleClick using early Animate HTML. 

Instead of focusing on the actual work I'm doing, he's referring to it as useless until the Muse issue is solved.

OAMs work, but I don't see how one could make one with GSAP and I am not going back to timeline animation.

Using this:

<iframe width=“640” height=“290” frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src=“absolute URL"></iframe>

Neither am I. From what I can tell it's just a way to make/manage a website with Word-esque tools. 

That's nice and all, but there's a danger in anything semi-automatic. 

I wouldn't choose it, but it's not my project. I'm just called in to animate graphics that get inserted into the page.

For the record, there's an Insert HTML option and I put my HTML5 animations in that way using iFrame and absolute URLs. Since I'm used to doing banner ads, all my GSAP/HTML5 animations are only the HTML container (with the CDN for TM) and whatever JS is exported by Animate CC (plus bitmaps when used). 

Now I'm on the hunt for how to make those animations fire when they reach the middle of the viewport. Since they're nestled in code created by a WYSIWYG, I'll just have to hunt around for a solution that makes sense to me and trial and error. 

But..... Since I'm probably talking to myself here, it would be ideal in my world to be able to bake it in to TimelineMax. 

For example, as a Position Parameter (is that the right term). 

Back to the Google.