Search Community

Greensock-material on a Wordpress-site

ijwebbdesign test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Greensock,

My question is how and where do I insert Greensock-material on a Wordpress-Page?

I have created a SVG-animation that works perfect and placed it in a html-file and now I want to transfer the animation-material to a Wordpress-page.  The animation use following scripts:

jquery-2.1.3.min.js 

TweenMax.min.js 

MorphSVGPlugin.min.js 

DrawSVGPlugin.min.js 

demo5.js (this is where I have placed the animation-code)

CSS-material

demo5.css

jquery-ui.css

Where in Wordpress do I put all this files?

Best regards

Ingemar Jönsson

Sweden 

It probably depends on how you want to you use GSAP animations. Are they going to be integrated into a theme or are you just trying to get an animation to run inside a blog post?

I'm not a wordpress guy, so I won't have any expert advice for you, but this thread covers a bunch of options: 

If none of that makes sense you may want to just create your animation on CodePen and use their embed feature:

https://blog.codepen.io/documentation/features/embedded-pens/

• Like 3

Hi Carl,

For now my Purpose is to let the animation run in a blog post. But maybe in the future I want to integrate GSAP in a theme, because I like the animation-platform and there is a lots of potential to create great stuff with GSAP.

Have a nice day  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

I still have some questions about where and how to place Greensock-material on a Wordpress-site.

Backgroundinformation:

My svg-animation use one js-file called "animation.js" and one css-file called "animation.css". I use the SVG-support-plugin in Wordpress so I can store svg-images in my media library and style svg-elements using css.

The svg-image for the animation is embedded on a Wordpress-page (not in a blog post) and I use the "style-svg"-class in SVG-support-plugin so the svg-image will be rendered as an inline svg, rather than an IMG-tag.

The "animation.js"-file consists of tweenMaxLite, Morph SVG-plugin, Draw SVG-plugin and some specific code for the animation.

My questions are:

1) Where in Wordpress do I place the "animation.js" and "animation.css" files?

2) Do I have to write some extra code on the Wordpress-page where the svg-image/animation is placed?

3) Since Wordpress use and automatically loads jQuery. Do I still need to add some jQuery-script so Greensock will work properly?

Ingemar Jönsson

Sweden