emilychews

Make a Tween Accessible Outside of a Function

Hi 

Is there any way to make a timeline that is inside a function accessible outside of it?  I have a short animation sequence used in different places on a site. I'd  like to wrap the timeline in a function, but the problem is I'm also using scroll Magic. Thus the setTween method of scrollMagic needs you to pass the name of the tween in as a parameter.  I tried using return with the timeline name (as return myAnimation) at the end of the function, but this didn't work.

I've set up a simplified example codepen (link given above and minus the scrollMagic)  to make it easier to illustrate any solution.

I'm thinking there must be a way to make a timeline accessible outside of a function?

Any help would be amazing.

Emily.

See the Pen bRzjWX by emilychews (@emilychews) on CodePen

Hi @emilychews :)

I think you should be able to return the timeline from the function and feed that to ScrollMagic. Here's a quick example:

See the Pen OgdYPj by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Hopefully that helps. Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 5

Thanks Point C.  I was returning the timeline and placing this in the setTween method, as opposed to putting the function inside the setTween method.

Emily.

• Like 1