Search Community

issues working locally

kvnmcwebn test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I'm on my vacation at the moment with almost no internet connection and am I'm trying to work locally.

Is there a reason why this doesn't load/work offline:

<script src="js/ModifiersPlugin.min.js"></script>

While this loads/works fine online?

<script src='https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/g/gsap@1.19.1(TweenMax.min.js+plugins/ModifiersPlugin.min.js)'></script>

And this loads fine offline in the same file:

<script src="js/index.js"></script>

I'm baffled by this.

bottom of html file....
</svg>
  <script scr="js/jquery-3.2.1.js"></script>
<script src="js/TimelineMax.js"></script>

</body>
</html>

Hi @kvnmcwebn:)

Is that a direct copy and paste from your actual project? If so, I'm not seeing the Modifiers plugin being loaded, but I see the index.js file being loaded twice. I'm also only seeing TimelineMax.js. Did you mean to load TweenMax? 

Hopefully that helps. Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 1

Yep, you really have to load either TweenLite or TweenMax for things to work. TweenLite is the base class for all of GSAP (and TweenMax has TweenLite inside of it). 

Your example that you said did work was loading TweenMax. It looks like your other example was only loading TimelineMax, so you'd need to add TweenLite or TweenMax to have it work. 

Does that clear things up? 

• Like 2

Ah pardon, yes that clears things up. I need to load both timeline and tweet max. I thought the modifiers.js would cover all the bases but it wasn't. There shouldn't be any problems with those files working locally though right? thank you