Search Community

Resuming after PauseAll?

valente97 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi i was trying to find something in the docs about this but i don't know if maybe i didn't dig deep enough or if it just wasn't there but.

I have a set of slides and they all have their own timelines

// I used this to pause the timelines
TweenMax.pauseAll();
// I tried using this to resume 
tl.play(0);
// and 
tl.seek(0);

It would be great if someone could offer a suggestion/way for me to resume a specific timeline after having called the pauseAll function

Thanks in advanced.

1 hour ago, mikel said:

Hi valente97,

Please provide a very basic CodePen demo.

It is difficult to guess from just looking at the code snippet you provided what the problem is. 

Thanks in advance

Sorry for not making the post clearer i sort of rushed it a bit but basically i just want to know how to resume a specific timeline after having called the TweenMax.pauseAll() function whilst keeping the rest paused,  I hope that makes things clearer but if it's still not clearer please let me know and i'll create a demo to demonstrate in more detail

You should be able to TweenMax.pauseAll() and then individually call play() on an instance. If it's not working, I suspect that you've got that instance nested inside of another timeline that's paused. Remember, the way an animation plays is that its playhead moves over its surface, and its playhead is controlled by its parent timeline. That's why if you pause() a timeline, none of its child tweens play. Same goes for nested timelines. 

If you're still having trouble, please post a reduced test case in codepen that demonstrates the issue and we'll do our best to help. 

• Like 3