Search Community

About business license

Gore Wang test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hello, I want to make sure the detail about GSAP business license:
`` Our paid license is only necessary in projects that you sell to multiple end users. ``
If I'm making the E-Commerce website with GSAP, do I need the GSAP business license?

(I tried to use Contact Us page to ask this question, but the form submit always got error)

Thanks!

We'll definitely look into the problem with the contact-us form. We were launching some updates to the site last night and it sounds like maybe that was a side effect.

As for the license, just because you're using GSAP in an e-commerce site doesn't in-and-of-itself require the special commercial license, no. It's only necessary if you're charging multiple customers for something that actually uses GSAP itself. For example, an app or a web site that has a "members-only" area with content that's not freely available to the rest of the web, or a game that has microtransactions for unlocking features. But if you have a web site that sells widgets, for example (which of course don't use GSAP themselves), charging people for those widgets doesn't necessitate the commercial license. 

Does that clear things up? 

Thanks for taking the time to ask about this and make sure you're honoring the licensing terms. You're exactly the type of customer we like to serve. Our whole licensing model relies on the honor system. Read about it here: http://greensock.com/why-license/ 

Happy tweening!

• Like 1