Search Community

bezier plotter

iconofsyn test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

My project currently used the following code

var b = $(containerDiv).children(); //JQUERY			
i = b.length - 1;
tweenStartTime = 0;

for(;i>=0; i--){
	tweenStartTime = tweenStartTime + 0.002;
	HorizontalMoveTimeLine.add( TweenLite.to(b[i], this.settings.firstStageSpeed, {left:200, transformOrigin:"50 50"}),tweenStartTime );
}

This takes an unknown number of target objects (expected range is in the low-mid hundreds but there could be thousands) and animates each one in the same way with each starting 0.002 seconds after the previous.

If this was drawn on a graph it could be represented with a straight line.
However i want to stagger the times in such a way that if they were plotted on a graph they would draw an S shape.

Does greensock have any functions which can be used to generate a array full of these start times if the total number of objects, the length of the animation and a defined bezzier is known?

if not how can this be done?
can greensocks bezzier functionality be used for this or modified in such a way that it can be used for this?

hmm, this seems to be very similar to your post from a few days ago.

It would be helpful if you would respond to the answers you receive so that we know whether or not the issues are resolved. Maybe double-check that your notifications are configured so that you receive emails when your threads get responses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carl said:

hmm, this seems to be very similar to your post from a few days ago.

It would be helpful if you would respond to the answers you receive so that we know whether or not the issues are resolved. Maybe double-check that your notifications are configured so that you receive emails when your threads get responses.

it might be
i am still working on the same project and decided to use the loop to add children to timelines instead of stagger because i thought it would give me more flexibility later on.

sorry