Search Community

Problem with animations

Mast3rmind test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I am having problems animating with JavaScript.

What I want the animation to do:

All I want is that the logo, "TITLE" and navigation to have a fade in effect only (which it currently does fine).

Problem:

After the navigation element fades in, the logo and "TITLE" momentarily fades out and fades in again.

I have been having a problem with Velocity.js as well. I think it might be something I am doing wrong. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

See the Pen xrdgpV by The_Mast3rmind (@The_Mast3rmind) on CodePen

Hi @Mast3rmind:)

Welcome to the forum.

The problem is CSS related. You're setting all your elements backgrounds to black so the nav-bar is over the top of the logo and title and they appear to fade a second time. You can either remove the black background on line 7 of your CSS or set the nav-bar background to transparent. Either method will fix your problem.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PointC said:

Hi @Mast3rmind:)

Welcome to the forum.

The problem is CSS related. You're setting all your elements backgrounds to black so the nav-bar is over the top of the logo and title and they appear to fade a second time. You can either remove the black background on line 7 of your CSS or set the nav-bar background to transparent. Either method will fix your problem.

Happy tweening.

:)

Thank you. It solved the problem.

• Like 2