Search Community

Is this a good way to loop an animation?

drNo77 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everybody, first time posting here.

I've created this example on CodePen to loop a certain part of an animation consisting two frames. I did this by declaring two variables as two separate timelines (TimelineLite and TimelineMax), and then called the function to replay the second frame only.  You can take a look at how I wrote this by referring to the CodePen link.

I'm still learning both GreenSock and JavaScript, and I feel I've come a long way, but I'd like to know is there a better way to code this without using multiple timelines? Even though I'm satisfied with how the code works, I'm open to feedback if there is a neater way to write this code.

See the Pen WOQXPa by DavidRizzo (@DavidRizzo) on CodePen

you don't need both Timeline libraries, just use Timelinemax.

Also, there is a lot of code that you don't need. Take a look at this to start and some else can show you the 100 ways to do a replay which at these moment they all escape my mind for some reason. lol

See the Pen dRMKJK by Felipe (@Felipe) on CodePen

• Like 2