Search Community

Transform around point issue

bdavey311 test
Moderator Tag

Any reason why this wouldn't work? I've got two movieClips that both have instance names and I get this for the output message:

\\motionBlur tweens only work for MovieClips and TextFields

\\motionBlur tweens only work for MovieClips and TextFields

Here is the code.

stop();

import com.greensock.*;
import com.greensock.easing.*;
import com.greensock.plugins.*;
TweenPlugin.activate([blurFilterPlugin, AutoAlphaPlugin, MotionBlurPlugin, ColorMatrixFilterPlugin, DropShadowFilterPlugin, TransformAroundPointPlugin]);

var tl:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite();
tl.insert( TweenLite.to(logoLeft, 1, {motionBlur:true, transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(487,152), rotation:30}}) );
tl.insert( TweenLite.to(logoRight, 1, {motionBlur:true, transformAroundPoint:{point:new Point(487,152), rotation:30}}) );
tl.insert( TweenLite.to(middleLogo, 2, {_xscale:130, _yscale:130, autoAlpha:0, ease:Back.easeOut}), 0.4);

thanks in advance! MotionBlur rules.

Hmm. It definitely sounds like the targets you're tweening are not MovieClips. Are you 100% positive they are? Could you post an example FLA that demonstrates the issue? Also, if you're using AS2, you should use "_rotation", not "rotation" in the transformAroundPoint.

Ah. So I switched that as well earlier to do some testing to make sure the instance was unique but remember not being able to get it to work. So, thinking I'm crazy I tested it again with your solution and still nothing. Such confusion! ;)

Did you change it and get it to work?

Did you change it and get it to work?

Yep, you just have to:

1) Make sure the tweens are referencing valid MovieClip instances

2) Change "rotation" to "_rotation"

3) import flash.geom.Point (you created a Point object but forgot to import the class)

Worked like a charm for me :)