Search Community

Best compression for your banner assets

Christoph Erdmann test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, Christoph Erdmann said:

It's been a few days. But you are the ones I wrote this image compression tool for.  So I'd like to know if you're still happy with it? Are all features understandable? Do you have better results with other tools? I'm always happy about your feedback.

More than Happy, love your work. I use it every Day. OSUblake is right, batch processing would be fantastic

Batch processing is a difficult subject for me. I built the tool to get the most out of the images. Batch processing contradicts this in that it can't matter how big the compressed images are. And then you can use one of the countless other tools.
But maybe you mean it differently... ?

15 minutes ago, Christoph Erdmann said:

I built the tool to get the most out of the images. Batch processing contradicts this in that it can't matter how big the compressed images are. And then you can use one of the countless other tools.

I can understand why you don't want to do batch processing, but your tool works better than other tools out of the box.  ?

I guess another suggestion would be to do improve the comparison between the original and current image. Squoosh does a good job of this.

https://squoosh.app

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:29 PM, OSUblake said:

I can understand why you don't want to do batch processing, but your tool works better than other tools out of the box.  ?

That's nice, thanks! :)
Are you thinking of a process where all images are uploaded and all images are compressed with the same settings? Or should every picture be presented to you?

On 6/12/2019 at 9:29 PM, OSUblake said:

I guess another suggestion would be to do improve the comparison between the original and current image. Squoosh does a good job of this.

https://squoosh.app

Yes, a better preview has been a topic for quite some time, and I simply don't know how to do it best. Moving the image and zooming is good at squoosh.app, but I don't like this comparison slider. It's rather good to hide the fact that two images are different after all.