Search Community

Draggable top/left position is rounded down when using update method

xpo_greensock@knorex.com test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi everybody,

I met an issue that is when I set the Top/Left position manually in onPress function that position values are rounded down even I tried using autoRound: false.

I created an example via codepen. Is there any way to prevent that issue, please share me.

Thanks in advance!

See the Pen EmvOmw by duytan (@duytan) on CodePen

Can you help us understand why you'd want to do that? Browsers always round the values anyway for display (unlike x/y transforms). I'm struggling to see any up-side to offering the ability to set top/left to sub-pixel values. And you're right, currently Draggable rounds those values. 

Hi Jack, actually I am working on an app that allows user can design HTML5 element by dragging from A position to B position in percentage and pixel.

I met this issue when trying to convert percentage to pixel once user mouse down on the element. The element's position is lightly vibrated.

That is my previous topic: https://greensock.com/forums/topic/16365-draggable-topleft-in-pixel-and-percentage/

Interesting. Hm, do you have a reduced test case that shows the "lightly vibrated" effect? My understanding was that browsers simply won't display top/left in anything bug whole pixel values anyway (regardless of if it's %-based or px-based), so I'm curious to see this in action. 

One other approach you could take is to use type:"x,y" instead of "left,top" and just change your conversion math that gets it to the %-based top/left values. Just an idea. The x/y can definitely do sub-pixel rendering, and it'd probably perform slightly faster too. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback. That is clearer test case: 

See the Pen eWGRXE by duytan (@duytan) on CodePen

which using Draggable latest ver 1.19.1. The element is slightly vibrated when checking on Safari.

I can't use "x,y" type in my case because of the consistency.

By the way, I found the solution in my case by just using Draggable ver 1.18.0. 

In my opinion, I think you should keep previous behavior, should not round position values maybe it can cause some problems like my case.