Search Community

CustomEase might not be properly normalizing SVG path data

avancamp test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there,

I have the following SVG path data that I wish to use as a CustomEase. However, I think that CustomEase might not be properly normalizing this path:

M16,350C17.6667,361.8333,18.2157,421,26,421

When pasted into the Ease Visualizer, this is the result:

rtGefNF.png

This SVG path data was generated by my new ae-ease-to-gsap-customease script, so it's possible that my script just hasn't generated the correct SVG path data. However, it certainly looks correct, which is why I'm currently suspecting that this might be an issue in CustomEase.

Thanks for your time,

Alex

EDIT: For additional context, here's what this curve looks like in AfterEffects:

VitLMOs.png

• Solution

I'm not familiar with how the coordinate system AfterEffects works, but by looking at your screenshot, it appears to be starting in the bottom-left corner. For svg, the y-axis is reversed, starting in the top-left corner, so try flipping the y values.

I'm not familiar with how the coordinate system AfterEffects works, but by looking at your screenshot, it appears to be starting in the bottom-left corner. For svg, the y-axis is reversed, starting in the top-left corner, so try flipping the y values.

Huh, yeah. That seems totally fix it. I'll patch my script tomorrow to account for this. Thanks!