Search Community

Just playing around

FlawlessDog test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

You're certainly doing things right, I just saw your pen in the Picks section of CodePen :D

I haven't been picked in soooooooo long. :'( 

This thing of having a real job gets in the way of feeding my ego with strangers attention and hearts.

• Like 4

Thanks Dipscom. I feel pretty good about it, as that was me first pen.

I think I'd rather have the real job...lol...

Been spending my time trying to get back up to speed, thus these new exercises.

Took some personal time over the past couple years and now re-learning a few things and learning a few new things.

It's fun and I'm finding out how much I missed doing this kind of work.

We all want what we don't have, really... :)

It seems to me that you will not be wishing for a real job for very long is this "your first pen". ;)

Yes, I find it fun as well, in fact, I actually need to push me to unglue myself from the computer from time to time as I work in front of it and then get home and do more of this just for fun...

Someone once told me the outside world is quite nice... I should go see it.

• Like 4

Someone once told me the outside world is quite nice... I should go see it.

I checked on that theory once. There was nothing there. I recommend you just stay inside with a caffeine drip and code while enjoying the warm glow of your monitor. 

• Like 4

Nice work! I noticed a couple improvements you could make. 

Don't a create a new animation for your hover events. Create the animation once, and toggle the playback direction in the handlers.

You're timeline is calling updateCube on every frame, recalculating the screen size and creating a new tween around 60 times a second. That would be fine if the screen size was actually changing on every frame, but it isn't, so you're making the browser do a lot of unnecessary calculations and object creation. You should only call your update function when the screen resizes. Even better, throttle the resize calls to an animation frame request.

See the Pen OpreVy?editors=0010 by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

• Like 2

Nice work! I noticed a couple improvements you could make. 

Don't a create a new animation for your hover events. Create the animation once, and toggle the playback direction in the handlers.

You're timeline is calling updateCube on every frame, recalculating the screen size and creating a new tween around 60 times a second. That would be fine if the screen size was actually changing on every frame, but it isn't, so you're making the browser do a lot of unnecessary calculations and object creation. You should only call your update function when the screen resizes. Even better, throttle the resize calls to an animation frame request.

See the Pen OpreVy?editors=0010 by osublake (@osublake) on CodePen

This is great!! Thank you vEry much.

This answers a lot of the questions I had been forming whilst working on these two little diddies.

Is a bit more flash-like than I had thought.

Got a few domestic errands to run today, but will be checking this out when I get back. 

Thanks again. 

See'ya next post

• Like 1