Search Community

unloading child swf using button on the child swf

Xristi test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I am using LoaderMax to load a child swf and it works very well, including the transfer of two variables from parent to child. However, I cannot locate any code (understandable to me) on this forum that indicates the code necessary in the parent and the code necessary in the child to accomplish this. I was able to do it in AS3 with a listener or two and a dispatch event but couldn't transfer the variables. I'd much rather use LoaderMax anyway.

This is the code for the loader in the parent:

queueIE.append(new SWFLoader("IntExtCode.swf", {name:swfMainLoader", estimated bytes:90000, container:this, x:5, y:10, autoPlay:false, onComplete:completeHandler}));

function completeHandler(event:LoaderEvent):void

{

event.target.rawContent.setProbNumber(catPracProblemNumber);

event.target.rawContent.setProbText(practiceProblemText_txt.text);

}

Can I put a listener (COMPLETE) in this function and use my regular as3 code that dispatches an event with a dispatchEvent in the child code?

Thank you for any help you can give me

Sorry, I haven't done anything like that with LoaderMax in years. Unfortunately our support time can't be spent digging through AS3 as our entire focus is on HTML5 tooling.

For what it's worth, I do believe you should be able to dispatch an Event from the child and have the parent listen for it. I just don't know exactly how to set it up.

• 2 weeks later...