Search Community

Is there a default delay between Tweens on a Timeline?

emilychews test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by PointC,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Chaps,

I'm just mapping out a Greensock animation and I've noticed there is a very minor delay between tweens on a timeline.  Is this dictated by the graphics processor / quality of my device, or is there a very small delay added as default?

In the attached codepen link I've done a tween of a box moving on the  x and y axis.  On the final tween I've put a negative delay value of '-=0.15' to fire the tween early, and the tween seems to fire immediately.

I appreciate by default there probably has to be some minor delay otherwise the movements could look too unnatural / move unnaturally fast if not.  

The reason I ask is the timeline I'm building is going to be quite a complex animation and knowing any default value may well be useful.  If there isn't, I guess I'll have to eyeball it.

Thanks as ever,

Emily.

See the Pen EWWemO by emilychews (@emilychews) on CodePen

• Solution

Hi Emily :)

There is no delay between tweens unless you want one. What you're seeing is the easing in/out of tweens. If you add a LInear ease to all your tweens, you'll see that they play with no delay. You can add that ease to each tween or you can add this line to your JS:

TweenLite.defaultEase = Linear.easeNone;

That will be the new default for all tweens unless you override it.

Does that help?

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 3