Search Community

Validate your banner

jorrit test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Every ad network has his own specifications. You probably know maximum file size, number of files, clicktag, external files/libraries, animation length, etc as some important factors.

We are at Adpiler working on a validator for your ads, to help you with this struggle.

What factor causes you in general the most trouble?

Hi Jorrit,

The first and biggest problem was adWords validator with its critpyc error messages and silly limitations. Then the various, outdated and baffling SIZMEK templates. Later the 100k ADFORM, with wired in landing page url, and i'ts little manifest.json. The last obstacle was adWords image ad uploader which is messing up the SVG code.

Take a look at my new automated/chaotic peview:
http://www.bannerhost.hu/Preview/Unilever/Surf/Q12017/Preview_092147.html

By the way: could someone please explain me how SIZMEK calculating the ad size? Because what I see as their ad size indicator, nohow reflecting my actual file sizes.

By the way: could someone please explain me how SIZMEK calculating the ad size? Because what I see as their ad size indicator, nohow reflecting my actual file sizes.

Sizmek calculates the ad size based on your zipped ad size plus the size of your backup image.  (Pretty annoying that they include the backup image in the calculation.)

They used to only calculate the largest asset in the zip which was awesome, yet inaccurate.

• Like 1

The first and biggest problem was adWords validator with its critpyc error messages and silly limitations. Then the various, outdated and baffling SIZMEK templates. Later the 100k ADFORM, with wired in landing page url, and i'ts little manifest.json. The last obstacle was adWords image ad uploader which is messing up the SVG code.

Thanks Oliver. We've currently listed the following factors to validate a banner on. The limitations will differ per network.

- File types in the zip
- Primary HTML-file in zip
- Are there any missing assets?
- Are the external files allowed?
- Are all files loaded over https?
- Length of animation
- Filesize of ZIP
- Filesize of extracted files
- Number of files in zip
- size meta tag
- clicktag

Do you think we miss any in your opinion?

Take a look at my new automated/chaotic peview:

http://www.bannerhost.hu/Preview/Unilever/Surf/Q12017/Preview_092147.html

I don't want to promote my business too much, but really, have a look at Adpiler ;) Creating professional preview pages in a minute.

• 5 years later...