Search Community

Using the same animation on several elements, one after the other

alan0buchanan test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

In my Codepen is an example of 4 bubbles animating. Each one enters from the bottom and pause in the middle of the page, then leaves upwards.

However, I want to be able to achieve this with one animation, so that it doesn't matter how many Bubbles are in the page, it's going to fire them all up one by one just as it is in my example.

I had experimented a bit with `staggerTo`, `staggerFrom` and `staggerFromTo` which I understand are intended for this purpose, but I couldn't quite nail the exact desired functionality.

Is there a solution for this?

See the Pen EWjzyJ by alanbuchanan (@alanbuchanan) on CodePen

Hi alan0buchanan :)

Welcome to the GreenSock forum.

There would be a few ways to go about this. I'll show you a couple of options. You can make it happen with pair of staggers. The first would stagger in and the second stagger out, but using the position offset, we delay the stagger out. Here's that option.

See the Pen GWJbqd by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

You could also loop through the array of bubbles and create a timeline for each one.

See the Pen gmpJNv by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

For the loop demo, I have them 'chase' each other off the screen. If you prefer your original timing, you can adjust that by making the delay of each timeline i*3 instead of i*2.

Hopefully that helps.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 3

I would use a combo of a class selector, StaggerToFrom, and Custom Ease. Here is some code to illustrate

See the Pen RpPzJY by sgorneau (@sgorneau) on CodePen

Most of this code is the Custom Ease plugin because it's not up on a CDN ... so you can pretty much ignore lines 1 - 400 by assuming you would include the plugin via a <script> in your page.

So, from 400 - 406 (so little code!) you can see how this happens.

• Like 4