Search Community

Trouble with timeline

jajohns8 test
Moderator Tag

First off, great set of classes you have.

I am trying to make a sequence of tweens using timeline, but I can't seem to get the onComplete function to fire.

I basically want a tween that repeats infinitely, but at the end of that tween' sequence, (before the repeat) I want it to initiate another tween on another object.

At first I tried to append to timeline1, but that wasn't working, so I went with onComplete.

The first tween works fine, but the call to the onComplete function fails. (Maybe the fact that it repeats is messing it up?)

var timeline1:TimelineMax = new TimelineMax({repeat:-1, repeatDelay:30, delay:3});
timeline1.append( new TweenMax(myText2, 2, {x:131, alpha:1, ease:Back.easeOut, repeat:-1, yoyo:true, onComplete:finTween, 
						   onCompleteParams:[360, myR], repeatDelay:10}) );

function finTween(param1:Number, param2:MovieClip):void {

TweenLite.to(param2, 1, {rotation:param1, overwrite:false});;

}

you may want to use the onRepeat & onRepeatParams function instead of onComplete& onCompleteParams

Exactly correct. onComplete won't fire until the entire tween (including all repeats/yoyos) has completed. In your case that'll never happen because you have it repeating forever. You probably want the onRepeat instead.