Search Community

formatting applied to next object only -see example

evan test
Moderator Tag

See this example of text formatting:

http://www.asmakta.com/clients/testfiles/textbeta.html

It works, but I would like it to apply formatting to a the text object in view, rather then the one created next

(yet to be seen)

in this case It would be awkward for a user to edit text they can't see yet.

I have an idea why it does this, -because the object that is being displayed is deselected when I click a button?

I would like it to work with the text object being displayed is there a way to change that or a good workaround?

Suggestions welcome

You have several options for preventing the selected object from being deselected. You could have TransformManager ignore particular DisplayObjects (like your form elements) using the addIgnoredObject() method, or try this:

1. Set autoDeselect to false

2. Add a background Sprite (it could have a transparent fill so that it's invisible but still clickable)

3. Add an Event.CLICK listener to that background Sprite that calls your TransformManager’s deselectAll() function.

Does that answer your question?

I just got the latest and the greatest, I'll try a few things out.

so, If I can deselect all -in my example will that allow me to set text-formatting properties to an object that is being displayed -and selected?

will that allow me to set text-formatting properties to an object that is being displayed -and selected?

TransformManager doesn't interfere with text formatting at all. If you're not able to apply text formatting, it must have to do with something else in your code.

Please,

take a sec too look at my link above (if you haven't)-The text does format. :!:

I just can't get it to work with a textbox that has allready been created. :?:

I was not implying it's something inherently wronge with the TransformManager.

My formatting applies in this example when you apply formatting and THEN click the text button -you will see it works with the NEW textbox not one being diplayed :(

If there is an easy way to figure out what I did codewise I would like to show you -I spent time trying to figure it out.

I can post a link to the fla file or a word file with the code, -if it's an easy fix great. :idea:

If it's a question of time for you -I would like to discuss it if is a question of time for you

Yeah, sorry, but I'm absolutely swamped with work and have several deadlines I'm working against, so I don't have time to troubleshoot your FLA, especially since it sounds like the problem is unrelated to TransformManager. Maybe someone else on the forum can help out, though, so feel free to post your FLA. But do NOT post the TransformManager class files! (it would violate the EULA)

Good luck!