Search Community

Add CustomEase to TypeScript project.

Guest hevar
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Guest hevar,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm working on a project where we use TS and would like to add the CustomEase lib. 

We have added the GSAP through NPM and since CustomEase isn't part of it for some reason I have hard time to find a way to get it working. 

The error i recive is:

!!! ERROR: browserify: Cannot find module '../TweenLite.js' from '/Users/myuser/Projects/myproject/src/ts'

Are you installing GSAP through npm? If so, CustomEase isn't part of that package, so you will need to manually download it from your GSAP account and copy it into the GSAP modules folder for your project

And I'll post a type definition later so you won't get any TS compiler errors. In the meantime you can just do this.

declare var CustomEase;

• Like 2

• Solution

For others who might get the same problem I did.

I have installed GSAP through npm. I then added the customEase lib 

"../.../vendor/customEase.min.js"

My customEase was then not able to find the TweenLite lib which it needs to work. 
In the customEase lib TweenLite is referred:

require("./TweenLite.js") 

So I just changed it to 

require("gsap") 

I also import the customeEase.min.js in my index.ts file.

In my greensock.d.ts i declared:

interface CustomEase {
    create(id:string, data:string):CustomEase;
    get(id:string):CustomEase;
    getRatio(progress:number):CustomEase;

}

declare var CustomEase:CustomEase;

Glad you got it working, but there's probably an easier way :) 

You should see a "commonjs-flat" directory in the download zip. That has all the dependencies set up in a flat structure, so you don't have to mess with the require() statements or anything. Or you could have just nested that CustomEase file you used into an "easing" subdirectory. But if I were you, I'd just use the commonjs-flat stuff :) 

• 6 months later...

Hi Blake, I've tried ways to add CustomEase and MorphSVGPlugin to my Angular 4 Typescript project but all failed to compile. So you were saying to "post a type definition later"... could you please help give some more advice in terms of using these paid plugins or functions in Angular? Thank you.