Search Community

TweenMax: rotationX overwriting shortRotation [SOLVED]

ukla test
Moderator Tag

Using TweenMax Version 11.

I am having an issue where tweening the rotationX value of a movie clip is overwriting a simultaneous shortRotation:{rotationY:value} tween on the same movie clip.

The loop function is running on enterframe. When I call the handleRotation function it fails ... meaning that the shortRotation doesn't rotate _currentitem as it appears to be overwritten by the loop. It doesn't make sense b/c two different properties (non-overlapping) are being tweened ... rotationX and rotationY. It is my understanding that TweenMax default overwrite mode is AUTO[2] Only overwrites individual overlapping tweening properties in other tweens of the same target.

private function handleRotation():void
{
    TweenMax.to(_currentitem, 1, {alpha:alph,shortRotation:{rotationY:-_roty},ease:Expo.easeOut})

}

private function loop(e:Event):void
{
    var disty:Number = (mouseY - stage.stageHeight*0.5)/100;

TweenMax.to(_currentitem, 1, {
		     rotationX:-disty,
		     ease:Expo.easeOut
		});

}

Wait - are you saying it works fine in an OLD BETA v11 release, but in the latest v11 it doesn't?

I just tested it and it seems to work great. Are you using an old version? Please try downloading the latest version and if you're still having trouble, post a simple FLA that demonstrates the issue. Thanks!

Yep, I'm working on the "members" area of the web site. Stand by for that.

I sent out an e-mail to all active Club GreenSock members the day v11 launched with the new download link to the bonus plugins/classes. I assume you didn't get it - please shoot me an e-mail from the address you registered with and I'll resend the e-mail.