Search Community

Gsap & EaselJs Canvas animations Performance Issue

nicmitch test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Very sorry to hear you are having problems.

Unfortunately your demo is crashing my browser.

I can barely scroll through the code to read it. I saw some code related to tweening color filter properties. Those can be very processor intensive. Maybe try removing those and doing a simpler modification like x or y. If that works better at least we can narrow it down to the color tweens. If that doesn't help you may just need to reduce the number of items.

GSAP's performance is extremely fast. It can process thousands of tweens without missing a beat. 99% of the time slow downs are caused by browser rendering.

Pixi.js offers a very fast renderer. Click on this demo a few times to generate hundreds of smiley's animated with GSAP: http://codepen.io/osublake/pen/vNwRdO

Just providing that to show that GSAP has no problem doing many things at once.

My gut feeling is that EaselJS is not as fast especially with the color filters. 

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm not terribly familiar with the EaselJS API. If you can get your demo to be a bit more stable perhaps we can take another shot. Might be worthwhile to post in the Easel forums as well. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...