Search Community

onclick event

paper test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply @ZachSaucier . For me the issue is not using Vanilla JS instead of JQuery. It is more related to the fact of using React and the GSAP library together.  For example, as someone just starting out, the syntax is quite a bit different and takes quite a lot of digging around just to get up and running. 

Some of the things I had to search for a while

- gsap vs TweenMax vs TimeLineMax. I realize when using npm to install gsap, as most React users would I believe, the syntax is for example gsap.timeline

-  Where to put the animation logic for gsap,  for instance inside a useEffect hook 

-  Using useRef to grab dom elements for the animations.

Again a lot of these are probably trivial for you, but for a noob it could be non trivial, especially when trying to learn a new library

3 hours ago, Aquasar said:

Again a lot of these are probably trivial for you, but for a noob it could be non trivial, especially when trying to learn a new library

That's why we highly recommend people starting out with our "Getting Started" article. It explains the basics of how to get things up and running.

For React, we have an article on that as well: 

And of course you're free to ask here in the forums if you have specific questions!