Search Community

GIF banners

emmanuelulloa test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I recently struggle to deliver a couple of banners for XAd.  They needed to be a 320x50 and a 300x250 with weights of 20k and 40k respectively.  

After some research I ended up doing it in Photoshop.  However "Video Timeline" only allowed for linear interpolation.

My question is:

When requested for GIF banners what is your approach? tools? workflow? dealing with the art director?

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23.1.2017 at 3:53 PM, joe_midi said:

Occasionally I use LICEcap to screen record and existing HTML5 banner or a .MOV file as it tends to have really good file weight compression, and I can control the output FPS pretty easily.

Wow, LICEcap was new to me. Perfect solution, very useful. Thank's for sharing!

• 4 weeks later...

At work i don't make Gif's i use GSAP to do transitions and stack images on top of each other they look like Gif's but better image quality.

Gif's make a lot of images look terrible.

The bonus is we can then serve them in Sizmek so instead of 80kb we get 200kb. 

I created a very basic Double Triple Quad framework base so it's quick and easy.

Another benefit of doing this is you don't have to end on the third frame for example you can end on second or first depending

on the use case.

Here is a billboard using this example.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkrcsk8tww6v5z3/BILLBOARD_970x250.zip?dl=0