Search Community

Rays of sun light gleaming/shining down from above

LipstickVoid test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm trying to find an example for rays of sun light gleaming from the corner of the screen onto the background image as seen in the image below.

I can't seem to find a good example of it. I'm thinking about using several images of rays with transparent backgrounds and tween them to achieve the gleaming effect but to make it look realistic I'm going to need a lot of individual images so I can tween them separately. I'm wondering if it's possible to be done more effectively and easily?

Thanks.

6b297f9d375ae165c6b9790fe5c6ea88.jpg

Hi LipstickVoid  :)

Are you asking how to do something like that with GSAP or just general advice on getting started? 

I think <canvas> would probably be a good choice. I'd recommend searching CodePen for ideas. Here's one I saw a few months ago:

See the Pen ZpPrEA by seanfree (@seanfree) on CodePen

We do keep the support focused on GSAP so if you have any questions related to the animation platform, we'd be happy to help.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 4

Hi LipstickVoid  :)

Are you asking how to do something like that with GSAP or just general advice on getting started? 

I think <canvas> would probably be a good choice. I'd recommend searching CodePen for ideas. Here's one I saw a few months ago:

See the Pen ZpPrEA by seanfree (@seanfree) on CodePen

We do keep the support focused on GSAP so if you have any questions related to the animation platform, we'd be happy to help.

Happy tweening.

:)

Thank you and sorry for the late reply. Yes, I was hoping to animate with GSAP but I cannot find good examples for that.