Search Community

GSAP in Wordpress

adbites test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by adbites,

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

After 4 hours of trying to get GSAP running on a Wordpress site I have to ask for help. Whenever I used GSAP in the past I called the needed js files in the footer. The new project by a friend of mine has all the js files enqueued in the functions php. I just added TweenMax and my customs.js. Both of them are self hosted and not called via cdn.

I see no error messages and GSAP and my custom script seem to get loaded well. However, the animations are not played in the frontend and I guess I made something wrong. 

This is how the scripts are enqueued via functions.php:

/**
 * Load site scripts.
 */
function bootstrap_theme_enqueue_scripts() {
	$template_url = get_template_directory_uri();

// jQuery.
	// if (!is_admin())   
    //{  
    //    wp_deregister_script('jquery');  

// Load a copy of jQuery from the Google API CDN  
        // The last parameter set to TRUE states that it should be loaded  
        // in the footer.  
        //wp_register_script('jquery', 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.12.4/jquery.min.js', FALSE, '1.12.4', TRUE);  

//       wp_enqueue_script('jquery');  
//    }  

// Bootstrap
	wp_enqueue_script( 'bootstrap-script', $template_url . '/js/bootstrap.min.js', array( 'jquery' ), null, true );
	wp_enqueue_script( 'font-awesome', 'https://use.fontawesome.com/5d03a56eda.js', array(), null, true );
	wp_enqueue_script( 'wow', $template_url . '/js/wow.min.js', array( 'jquery' ), null, true ); 
	//wp_enqueue_script( 'js-cookie', $template_url . '/js/js.cookie.min.js', array(), null, true );
	wp_enqueue_script( 'js-functions', $template_url . '/js/functions.js', array( 'jquery' ), null, true ); 
	wp_enqueue_script( 'gsap-js', $template_url . '/js/TweenMax.min.js', array(), false, true );
	wp_enqueue_script( 'css-plugin', $template_url . '/js/CSSPlugin.min.js', array(), false, true );
	wp_enqueue_script( 'split-text', $template_url . '/js/SplitText.min.js', array(), false, true );
	wp_enqueue_script( 'draw-svg', $template_url . '/js/DrawSVGPlugin.min.js', array(), false, true );
	wp_enqueue_script( 'custom-gs', $template_url . '/js/customgs.js', array(), false, true );

if ( is_single() ) {
	// Carousel
	wp_enqueue_script( 'jcarousel-script', $template_url . '/js/jquery.jcarousel.js', array( 'jquery' ), null, true );
	wp_enqueue_script( 'jcarousel-responsive', $template_url . '/js/jcarousel.responsive.js', array( 'jquery' ), null, true );
	}

wp_enqueue_style( 'bootstrap-style', $template_url . '/css/bootstrap.min.css' );
	wp_enqueue_style( 'animate-style', $template_url . '/css/animate.css' );
	//wp_enqueue_style( 'ihover-style', $template_url . '/css/ihover.min.css' );

//Main Style
	wp_enqueue_style( 'main-style', get_stylesheet_uri() );

// Load Thread comments WordPress script.
	//if ( is_singular() && get_option( 'thread_comments' ) ) {
	//	wp_enqueue_script( 'comment-reply' );
	//}
}

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'bootstrap_theme_enqueue_scripts', 1 );

And this is my timeline in my customgs.js

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

var $slidehead = $('.socialicons'),       
    tl = new TimelineLite();

tl.set(".socialicons", {visibility:"visible"})
	.from($slidehead, 2.5, {scale:0.2, autoAlpha: 0, ease:Back.easeIn});

});

Any help is welcome. Thank's in advance and greetings from a german GSAP noob ;-)